Since it was set up in 1984, AIDES has set itself the goal of changing the society by mobilising people concerned by HIV/Aids and leading actions to support HIV positive people and prevent the spread of the virus.
Perspectives and issues in France :
Campaign, Act, Innovate !
- To keep and attain new rights especially for access to treatment, free care and to guard against a two-tier health system.
- To increase financial commitments for HIV/Aids from France to developing countries
- In the migrant population to apply the law against deporting HIV positive migrants.
- Against discrimination in a society where people are still rejected for being HIV positive. HIV positive people should be able to speak openly about their status if they wish.
- Against discrimination in the work place.
- To defend the rights of HIV positive people who need insurance or bank loans.
- For access to care inside and outside prisons.
With new prevention methods adapted to each sexuality, to each personality and environment