Actions to strengthen local actors :
- Improve the financial independence of local organisations so that they are less reliant on international donations.
- Improve and develop training for local actors so that they become more independent and legitimate. AIDES is a facilitator in making HIV/Aids NGOs more professional.
Actions to fund the fight against Aids in the world :
Because rich countries refuse to assemble the necessary resources to fight against HIV/Aids, AIDES mobilises its network of partners in order to put pressure on governments and international institutions.
Perspectives and international advocacy issues: support the autonomy of local actors
Actions to improve access to treatment for the poorest people :
- Improve access to the latest high quality treatment
- Campaign to make this treatment free of charge
- Improve its availability
- Train health professionals in poor countries so that everyone and especially children receive treatment which is adapted to them and careful medical monitoring.
Actions to promote research into new prevention tools :
Offer a wider range of prevention tools (female condoms, microbicides, a vaccine etc) throughout the world in order to reach as many people as possible.
Actions to fight against co-infection with Tuberculosis :
Cases of HIV/TB co-infection have increased dramatically throughout the world but mainly in low-income settings. AIDES and its partners are campaigning for more mobilisation and prevention actions on an international level.